Sex, Prose & Rock'n'Roll

It's a luscious mix of words & tricks, with the odd mp3 thrown in for good measure.

Name:
Location: Sydney, Australia

An NYC mind in an LA world, living and listening in Sydney, Australia.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

take the weather with you


my head is weird and soggy and wandering in seven different directions today, so i thought i'd just post a mix, with some of the songs I've been listening to on my 'pod in the last week - mostly ones that made me feel well-soundtracked as i scuttled around Newtown rugged up in my special winter coat and my white scarf, jumping puddles.

~~~The Raincoat Mix Tape

~mp3~
The Weakerthans - "Plea From A Cat Named Virtue" (how much love can I give one song?)
~mp3~
The Shins - "Kissing The Lipless" (clapclapclapclapclapclapWOO!)
~mp3~
Nada Surf - "Do It Again"
~mp3~
Preston School Of Industry - "Caught In The Rain" (duh)
~mp3~
Ambulance LTD - "New English" (jaunty as a sideways beret)
~mp3~
The Stills - "In The Beginning"
~mp3~
The Dresden Dolls - "Dirty Business" (this is a brilliant track with hilariously twisted lyrics from their newie, Yes, Virginia)
~mp3~
The Long Winters - "Pushover"
~mp3~ Elliott Smith - "Memory Lane"
~mp3~
The Rosebuds - "Blue Bird" (thanks to Taylor at M4KWCRG for introducing me to this pretty, cooing little gem of a tune)
~mp3~
The Decemberists - "Shiny"
~mp3~
Emma Davis - "Happy Song"

Enjoy. I won't be lazy enough to post big mixes very often. Oh, and by the way, Sydney readers, don't forget to check out my girl Emma supporting Tinderbox at the Hopetoun tonight (Thursday). Check her myspace to hear what you're in for.


Visit & buy The Shins at Sub Pop, Nada Surf & The Long Winters at Barsuk, The Stills at Vice, The Dresden Dolls at Roadrunner, Elliott Smith & The Weakerthans at Anti, The Rosebuds at Merge, and The Decemberists at Hush. Give love to the artists and indie labels that share their shiz for free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Female/16-20. Lives in Australia/New South Wales/Sydney, speaks English. Eye color is green. I am skinny. I am also creative. My interests are Writing/Music.
This is my blogchalk:
Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, English, Female, 16-20, Writing, Music.