Sex, Prose & Rock'n'Roll

It's a luscious mix of words & tricks, with the odd mp3 thrown in for good measure.

Name:
Location: Sydney, Australia

An NYC mind in an LA world, living and listening in Sydney, Australia.

Friday, January 14, 2005

STELLAAAAAAAAAA!!!

what? it's a great name.

the interests index: a great way to discover the existence of like-minded people on blogger. by browsing the index for Garden State (the movie, not jersey) i discovered a young man from connecticut going by the name of christian stella. through his blog, i then discovered his writing, at www.ribcage.org. my favourite story so far is the january 5th one, ten things that happened all at once. he's damn good, people, and what's more is that he's not smug about it. some writers' work is like expensive wine - you would enjoy it immensely if you couldn't taste its own knowledge of how fantastic it is in every sip. anyway, i commented on it, and voila, there a few days ago (i haven't checked in for a while) is a thankyou-entry in his blog. clearly he has quite a few fans. by far the best bit has to be: Cait, I printed out the first paragraph of your comment and taped it in my journal. That was beautiful. in his journal!!! even if he doesn't take his real-world journal quite as seriously as i do mine, that's pretty nice to hear. i can't remember what i said or where i posted it, although i do remember considering my words "mindnumbingly wankerous". but it's nice that he appreciated it.

dear god, it's hot. i mean really, really hot. i'm on the north coast with my family (stuck up here for another week yet, too) and i'm sitting here in a singlet and loose miniskirt sweating. gross? yes. enjoyable? damn straight. i love the heat. cold is so isolating. heat is sex and stillness, atmospheric and oppressively poetic. i do my best writing in the heat.

right now, though, my dad wants his laptop back, so i'm going to go and let my mind languish while i go swim some laps in the pool.


i keep having dreams about uni. not always nice ones, either. (although one was cool, i was moving into college and we all had magical powers.) i can't work out if i'm looking forward to it or absolutely terrified. and i can't work out why i feel i have to make up my mind one way or the other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Female/16-20. Lives in Australia/New South Wales/Sydney, speaks English. Eye color is green. I am skinny. I am also creative. My interests are Writing/Music.
This is my blogchalk:
Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, English, Female, 16-20, Writing, Music.