Sex, Prose & Rock'n'Roll

It's a luscious mix of words & tricks, with the odd mp3 thrown in for good measure.

Name:
Location: Sydney, Australia

An NYC mind in an LA world, living and listening in Sydney, Australia.

Monday, January 31, 2005

half of the time we're gone

but we don't know where

I've been listening to the Garden Stae soundtrack a lot. I have way too much time on my hands...i need a job, or at least something obligatory that's going to both keep me busy and cash me up. which i suppose is all a job is. i have a month before i start uni and it's worse that if i had nothing, because then i would have possibilities, choices. now i just have this blank month of nothing before my existence sputters to life again. it's all thrown into even starker contrast because i've got friends who have started uni already, who start next week or the week after, who are in england or romania or vietnam working and living and enjoying themselves. and i'm stuck here in my sleepylittledeathtolltown (ta to the panda band for describing this hole so perfectly).

On the bright side, i enrolled at sydney uni last monday and came away with my brand new student ID and unuon member cards and my brand new union diary/planner, which i took home and promptly covered in pictures and headlines featuring the shins, death cab, elliott smith, the frames, the fab fab four, the bravery, the killers, garden state and my alltime fave, mr jeffrey scott buckley - all clipped from Roling stone, NME, melody maker (i love the british music weeklies) and the like. that was fun. i also made a friend in the many, many queues in which i spent my day - a fellow buckley tragic like myself by the name of rose. went to james ruse (infamous selective high school for the psychotically intelligent) and got 99.65 for her UAI but very nice nonetheless. we talked the whole time and i even busted out my beloved iPod to listen to one of my jeff bootlegs. i saw absolutely nobody that i knew in the hundreds of people there on the day, so it was nice to have someone to talk to. found out later that reece is doing arts/sci so i'll have him at least - it'll be good to have a male friend around who i can drag to college formals et if i suddenly find myself in need of a date.

so, to sum up - uni = v. exciting. also v exciting - i'm going to see the shins in ONE WEEK!!! i'm going to help pops move into her uni-provided matchbox in broadway then crash there after the show, and hopefully catch up with frankie and mads who will be starting tafe that day. am playing my hard-won copy of Chutes Too Narrow over and over again (in between GS, which admittedly has two songs from Oh Inverted World [2001 shins album] on it) in preparation so i know the words. must burn copy for pops too...oooh i'm feeling better now. who was it who said "anticipation is the purest joy?" my mind is saying voltaire and then telling itself it's wrong, which it usually is.


the shins - new slang

1 Comments:

Blogger cait (still queen) said...

wow, what a fantastic thing to hear, especially when i thought nobody was reading this crap. thank you for brightening my evening. you are lovely.

7:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Female/16-20. Lives in Australia/New South Wales/Sydney, speaks English. Eye color is green. I am skinny. I am also creative. My interests are Writing/Music.
This is my blogchalk:
Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, English, Female, 16-20, Writing, Music.