Sex, Prose & Rock'n'Roll

It's a luscious mix of words & tricks, with the odd mp3 thrown in for good measure.

Name:
Location: Sydney, Australia

An NYC mind in an LA world, living and listening in Sydney, Australia.

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Frustration ahead


{--- this is me, right now, with my shitty computer.


Anywho, about two hours ago, I asked Neil Young if I could be his friend, and he said yes.

No, I'm not a left-leaning groupie extraordinaire with a pensioner fetish. I'm finally stretching a toe onto the mySpace bandwagon. I have had the most surreal couple of hours, just playing six degrees of separation and friending everyone from the flaming lips, to bands my real-life friends know that I saw play just a few weeks ago, to people I actually know in real life, properly. You know, talk on the phone to, have drinks with, borrow money from, force my taste in music upon.

I can see how some people spend hours on this thing, and what a great tool it is for bands of stature towering or minute. But it's a little scary. I'm "friends" with Neil Young for Christ's sake. What does that even mean?

/end cyber-philosophy rant.

Tune of the mo: (as in moment, not moustache)
~mp3~ Maritime - "Parade of Punk Rock T-Shirts" (thanks to Taylor)
I can't believe I've been missing out on these guys for so long, apparently they've been drifting about the blogosphere for yonks. This song gets me out of bed of a morning. It could almost be a track from the new Phoenix album. Dig the vibe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Female/16-20. Lives in Australia/New South Wales/Sydney, speaks English. Eye color is green. I am skinny. I am also creative. My interests are Writing/Music.
This is my blogchalk:
Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, English, Female, 16-20, Writing, Music.